Monday, January 04, 2010

Joe Blow or Joe Shmoe

No one thinks they are average Joe, not even average Joe. That term is a myth to everybody, a myth that exists truely but it's not visible to anybody. If I live an adventureless life, if I have a steady 9 to 5 office job with a medium size mortgate and an ordinary Japenese sedan and spend my week days at work and and home after work and eat my dinner in front of the TV and pay my taxes and shovel my driveway to avoid any law suits and forget to vote and pretend I know where Belize is located when I hear it from a colleague; if I am all of the above despite the fact that I refuse to be, I must be the average Joe. If I am not then who is? We all think there is something extraordinary about us even if it's not revealed or discovered yet. There is always a dream of an extraordinary version of us as individuals that has not happened yet but it potentially could happen, therefore none of us can be average Joe.

No comments: