Sunday, July 11, 2004

patterns and patterns again

We've heard and read zillion times about patterns in relationships, patterns in break ups, patterns in finding the right ones and the wrong ones, yet most of us deny having our own patterns, while our lives flow into these patterns unconsciously and form the exact same shapes over and over. Three years ago, in my last break up I was way down for 3 months, all of a sudden I got sick of myself and turned into exercising and paying attention to my body. This time, I got sick of being down for 4 days (which is a big improvement comparing to 3 months; can we say I am growing up?) and started heavy exercise and home projects.

The thing I hate about break ups is that, to avoid remembering the "ex" -- this is the first time that I call her "ex", it doesn't sound good, it feels so cold and sad -- I boycott whatever reminds me of her, like songs, places etc. As if I fast her and her memories, because I know if I don't, eventually I will break down and will think about getting back together for wrong reasons; while most of those songs and places and things are my all time favorites, I love them. I have to fast 'till I get over her. Break ups suck.

No comments: