Wednesday, November 12, 2003

I have a young friend. I exchange emails with her here and there, and it started when she needed to talk to someone not from her generation and not judgmental. A couple of days ago I replied her email like this:

Asking me about my life? Well, nothing's changed really and it aint happening, because I don't want it to, I guess I am afraid, I am afraid of ruining this beauty. There is this beautiful beautiful girl that I have a huge crush on; she knows nothing about it and I want her not to know either, because her soul is free, free of any attachments. And I don't want to change this unbearably pretty image of her and her liberated life. Besides she is leaving this town in a matter of weeks and there is no point in letting something happening. And do you know where she is going to? Montréal! This is not fair. I love that town to death, I love this girl to sickness, and them both will be together soon, yet miles away from me. So who the fuck invented this word: "Fair"

And this is what she surprisingly wrote:

...Dude, I hear you... but let me say one thing about fairness, if life was fair, things would be a lot less interesting. It's that bitter unfairness that makes so many other sweet things so much sweeter some times. Or not... I mean, I kinda like it in a crazy sick way. I think sometimes that it's really not the "thing" I want but the process of getting it is what really interests me. That's kinda sick and twisted but hey, I never claimed it wasn't.
About your beauty who will soon part, look at it this way, that'll only make her more beautiful and make Montréal a better place. That's in a way a good thing. And, one more approach: why won't you go? Just take off and leave, and go to Montréal again (ok at this point I've lost your respect because in an adult world I'm being completely unreasonable and irrational but that's ok... ) What else can I say about it, maybe try to get something going for the time being? But you didn't seem to have a lotta fun with that idea either so how about this? Observe. Just watch her and be happy that she's so beautiful and just admire her...


It's a shame that adults run this world not kids. It's a shame.

No comments: