Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Is history a bastard or what?

It's been said recently that Iran's western borders will be the biggest refuge camp for Iraqis in case of any US military action against Iraq. It hasn't been a long time for all of us to forget the war between two neighbors, Iran and Iraq in 1980s. How weird is that a once enemy-land could turn to a safety zone? Is it history that lies to us or the reality while it's happening? How many more reasons do we need to convince ourselves about ugliness of the fabrication of war? It's gonna be torn off sooner or later but to what price? And the cost does not just overweight on shoulders of one or two nations. The rallies of Saturday showed that it is a global concern. The cost is too expensive for all of us. The temperature was -25 on Saturday in Toronto downtown, I was there and so were hundreds of different races. I was crying out loud with thousands of Iraqis hand in hand here in Toronto rally. Not that I have forgotten those days of panic back in 1980s, when Saddam's missiles were flying over my head and powdered down a 4 storey building full of 8 to 10 years old kid guests attending a birthday party in the centre of my town. I remember every single moment of then so vivid. I have just lost my faith to the truth. There is no such a thing. Truth is just a philosophical difference, nothing else.

Let us have a louder voice in next rally.

No comments: